Access to the Teamsters Local 688 Health & Medical Camp
The Teamsters Local 688 Health & Medical Camp is a private facility owned by the Teamsters Local 688 Insurance and Welfare Fund for the benefit of Fund members. The City of Herculaneum is investigating the possibility of entering into an agreement with the Teamsters Local 688 Insurance and Welfare Fund to allow participating residents on a voluntary basis, access to the Teamsters Camp recreational facilities. These facilities include an 18-hole championship golf course, clubhouse restaurant, a spacious water park with an in-pool play structure, 1 meter diving boards and a 125 foot water slide, an 18 acre fishing lake, tent and RV camping overlooking the Mississippi River, picnic grounds and pavilions.
- The program requires a minimum number of households from the City of Herculaneum to enroll for the 2014-2015 season.
- Participating Herculaneum resident households will be required to enroll for a term of one year beginning May 1st of each year and will automatically renew each year thereafter. A $25.00 monthly fee for access to the Teamsters Camp will be assessed to a participating resident’s city water/sewer bill. This fee will provide year round access to the facility for participating residents and their guests. There will be a one-time set up fee of $5.00 per membership.
- If a Herculaneum resident wants to discontinue their enrollment as of the start of the next participating year, the Herculaneum resident must contact the Herculaneum City Hall prior to May 1st of that participating year. Herculaneum residents will not be eligible for refunds or pro-rated repayments if they decide to cancel enrollment after May 1st of a participating year.
- Any Herculaneum resident, who discontinues enrollment at any time after May 1st of a participating year, will not be eligible to enroll the following year. A resident may not choose which months within a year to participate.
- Residents wishing to enroll after the May 1st of any participating year are required to pay all monthly fees in arrears back to May 1st out of pocket. For example, a Herculaneum resident wishing to enroll July 1st must pay May-June fees out of pocket and up front.
- If a Herculaneum resident wishes to enroll after May 1st of a participating year but was not eligible to enroll prior to that date, that resident may enroll without paying the enrollment fee for the previous months (May-June). For example, a resident moves into the city limits of Herculaneum after July 1st would not have to pay for the previous months.
- In the event an enrolled Herculaneum resident moves out of the city or discontinues water/sewer service through the city during a participating year, that resident may continue to participate in the program for that year by paying the remaining monthly fees for that year out of pocket and up front, but will not be eligible to participate in any years thereafter.
ACCESS TO THE FACILITY
The Teamsters Local 688 Insurance and Welfare Fund will issue a Camp card to all family members age 16 years and older legally living in a Herculaneum household that is participating in the program. The Camp card has a 1-year expiration date.
All vehicles entering the facility must present a valid Camp card. Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by a participating resident card holder to enter the facility. Camp cards are not transferrable and may be randomly checked along with the resident’s driver’s license at the main entrance to the facility. Each Camp card will allow one vehicle per visit. Guests of Herculaneum residents within that vehicle shall be the responsibility of the card holder and all actions or behavior of the guests shall be subject to disciplinary action or card revocation if deemed necessary. Only licensed vehicles will be admitted to the Camp facility. For everyone’s safety, walk-ins, bicycles, ATV’s, etc. will not be admitted.
April 1st – October 31st - 6:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. (Gate locked at 10:00 p.m.)
November 1st – March 31st - 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Gate locked at 5:00 p.m.)
The Camp is closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
UNION HILLS GOLF COURSE
The Union Hills Golf Course is open year round, weather permitting and the forecasted high is 40 degrees Fahrenheit and above. The course may be closed on certain dates throughout the year when tournaments are scheduled. These dates are limited and will be posted on the Course and Camp website, as well as, bulletin boards throughout the facility. Monday through Friday is open play with no tee times required. On Saturday, Sunday and holidays, tee times are recommended. Participating Herculaneum residents may reserve tee times up to 3 days in advance by calling the Union Hills Pro Shop. Group outings of 12 to 72 golfers may be arranged by calling the Camp Office.
Golf Fees (2014): (based on 18 holes with cart and 2 golfers per cart):
Wednesday-Friday $26.00 ($23.00 after 3:00 p.m.)
Saturday, Sunday & Holidays $29.00 ($26.00 after 3:00 p.m.)
Monday-Tuesday $31.50 ($26.50 after 3 p.m.)
Wednesday – Friday $36.50 ($31.50 after 3 p.m.)
The Waterpark is open Memorial Day through Labor Day. Waterpark hours are Wednesday – Sunday 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., weather permitting. The Waterpark is closed Mondays and Tuesdays. The Waterpark may be open weekends only during weeks that area schools are in session (first week in June and last week in August).
Waterpark fees (2014):
Children (15 years and under) - $2.00
Adults (16 years and older) - $4.00
Children (15 years and older) - $3.00
Adults (16 years and older) - $5.00
Picnic Area pavilion rental will be available Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) May 15th – October 15th for participating Herculaneum residents. Residents may bring in up to 50 guests for pavilion rentals. At any time, participating Herculaneum residents may reserve a requested number of tables in the picnic are for up to 50 people.
Pavilion Rental Fees (2014)
Pavilion #1 & #2 (includes wet bar and walk-in cooler) - $70.00
Pavilion #3 - $55.00
Reserved tables in Picnic area - $15.00
UNION HILLS CLUBHOUSE RENTAL
The Union Hills Clubhouse is available for private parties and events up to 100 people. Catering is provided by Lochirco’s
St. Louis Catering.
Clubhouse Rental Fee (2012*):
Private parties and events $125.00
The Teamsters Lake Unity is open for fishing year round. All anglers must observe all rules and regulations established by the Missouri Department of Conservation. There are no fees associated with fishing.
BALLFIELDS, PICNIC GROUNDS, PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT, WALKING TRAILS
These amenities are available, first come, first served and no fees are associated with their usage.
LEAGUES AND EVENTS
Herculaneum residents are eligible to participate in all golf leagues and events hosted by Camp. (All admissions fees apply)
All user fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change by the Board of Trustees of the Teamsters Local 688 Insurance & Welfare Fund.